Dry and Liquid Ingredients Handling for High Quality Nutritional Formula
GEA offers world-leading expertise and technology for nutritional formula processing. Working closely with the industry, GEA has developed a comprehensive portfolio of integrated processing technologies that can be tailored to provide a complete solution for any product requirement. GEA technology and solutions comply with the strictest requirements for hygiene and safety, and are always designed to reduce energy use and improve efficiency.
Prior to concentration by evaporation and drying the Nutritional formula production involves several processing operations.
- Raw milk reception and storage
- Milk separation, clarification, bacterial removal, pasteurization and storage
- Cream pasteurization, storage and dispatch
- Oil reception, storage, blending and dosing
- Liquid ingredients reception, storage and dosing
- Major and minor dry ingredients reception, storage and dosing
- Blending and mixing of ingredients
- Heat treatment, homogenization and storage of concentrate
- Preparation and storage of CIP liquids, CIP Plants
Meeting all processing requirements
GEA has designed a comprehensive range of processes and components that can be tailored to meet any nutritional formula product requirement, and operating expectations, whilst retaining optimum product quality, composition and end product properties. We offer a complete, integrated portfolio of processing technologies for every production stage.
Each part of the processing line is designed to minimize product loss and the risk of product contamination, and to support efficient CIP systems, which are divided into separate zones to eliminate the risk of cross contamination. GEA also continues to develop innovative solutions for maximizing product recovery and minimizing wastewater discharge. Advanced process monitoring and control software, combined with energy recovery systems, ensure that our customers’ nutritional formula plants operate at peak performance to process top quality products.