For medium-sized and specialty breweries with a cast-out quantity of 40–115 hl (35–100 US bbl)
Representing our flagship brewhouse line for craft brewers, the versatile COMPACT-STAR® provides optimum performance in an affordable package. Combining the efficiency of GEA’s larger systems with the flexibility needed to create all types of beers, the eye-catching, hygienic, stainless steel design of the COMPACT-STAR® is complemented by a sturdiness and performance found in no other system in its class.
From vessel upgrades to new builds, a wide range of customized brewhouse configurations is available. Furthermore, with its smart expansion concept and ability to deliver a 2-hour brewing cycle, the COMPACT-STAR® is fully adaptable for future growth.
Key benefits of the COMPACT-STAR® brewhouse
- Pre-assembled modules offer fast installation and set-up
- Easy to expand with adding additional vessels for high throughput processing
- Eco-friendly wort production with low evaporation rates
- Highly efficient: up to 98% extract yield in the lauter tun
- Up to 12 brews within 24 hours means highest throughputs, even in a one-shift operation
- Compatible with infusion and decoction mashing regimes
Designed for success
The small footprint of the COMPACT-STAR® means it’s easy to ship and the vessel modules can be freely positioned for a fully flexible brewhouse design. Plus, optional MILLSTAR® wet milling technology offers faster lautering and higher throughputs, and the internal calandria with a multi-level wort spreader and JETSTAR® two-phase boiling technology provides eco-friendly wort production. Fitted with a GEA-designed grist hydrator and mash agitator, additional specifications include the following:
- GEA lauter technologies provide differential pressure monitoring and complete control
- Fully automated GEARBOXX® ensures repeatable production, process visualization and remote support
- Compliance with stringent safety standards
- Kettle/whirlpool available for optimized throughputs with fewer vessels
- Vessels and support constructed from stainless steel (polished or matte finish).