Double-seat mixproof valves are a core component of matrix-piped process plants. Developed to prevent cross contamination between two different products flowing through the same valve, they offer fully automatic 24/7 operation. Further, valve manifolds can be prefabricated for fast installation and process start-up.
Ideal for ingredient receiving, product transfer, mixing, blending and raw/pasteurized product streams, mixproof valves can improve product quality, reduce waste and decrease service and operating costs compared to traditional process piping. They also offer safe separation between product and cleaning media during CIP, thus enabling safe simultaneous cleaning and production.
Here's what we'll cover:
- Review of different sanitary process piping concepts, e.g., Flow Panel, Block and Bleed, Mixproof, etc.
- Principles of mixproof technology and matrix piping systems
- Control and feedback options
- Extending product shelf-life with double-chamber mixproof technology
- Recent design advances
- Design tips for mixproof valve applications
- Jacqueline DeBellis – Regional Sales Manager, Flow Components, GEA North America
- Dominic Beaulieu -- Sales & Technical Manager, Canada, Flow Components, GEA North America
- David Medlar – VP Sales– Flow Components, GEA North America, Valves & Pumps Product Group