Simple integration, reliable test results
Are you looking for new products, applications or formulas for plant proteins or protein containing end products? Do you want to develop meat substitutes for vegetarian products? Are you investigating new raw materials and their qualification to serve as new protein sources, e.g. mung beans, rapeseed or fungi? Are you looking for ways to add more value to your existing raw material?
Then our pre-assembled decanter skids will help you find the answers. Use them to easily produce first samples, test and process different raw materials and create proof of concepts for different protein meals.
The skids are ideal
- For Start-ups to research and find alternative resources or recipes for future industrial-scale plant protein production
- As pilot skids for global players in protein recovery
- For institutes to develop and produce basic products for further research and development
Why decanter skids from GEA?
- Get insights into the raw material properties so that you take the right decisions
- Benefit from the decanter’s flexibility offering different operation modes:
- E.g. adjustment of differential speed, to test dry matter content (determines size of the drier)
- Adjustment of capacity to find out optimum decanter size
- Modification to different decanter versions possible to cover a bigger variety of raw materials
- “Plug & Play” option: almost everything you need comes pre-assembled on a skid
- Scale-up reliability and risk reduction: Decanters are the standard process stage for industrial scale production, use them to make sure all findings from your research and development efforts can be correctly transferred
Protein insights you can realize with GEA decanter skids
- Qualities / purities of the protein phase
- Nutritional values
- Ash content
- Water consumption
- Waste water composition
- COD/ BOD load
- Protein content
- Taste and more