In the last few decades, whey has evolved from an undesired by-product of cheesemaking to a valuable ingredient used in a wide range of nutritious products. Manufacturers are looking for economic solutions that maximize whey yield and minimize process waste.
During this webinar we will touch on some of the historical changes observed in whey manufacturing. We’ll review solutions that save fat, yield and operating media, yet still produce a high quality and safe product. Additionally, we’ll offer ideas to optimize both process steps and CIP, in terms of separation (specifically centrifuges), as well as other equipment.
Here´s what we´ll cover:
- Whey processing: Past and present
- Whey types and products
- Function of a centrifuge clarifier and skimmer
- Optimizing whey yield and quality
- Fines recovery
- Fat removal
- Bacterial clarification
- Proper CIP and process conditions
- Greg Parrish, Process Specialist - Dairy, GEA North America
- Lennart Beick, Process Technology Manager - Dairy, GEA Group
- Scott Tepas, Market Manager - Dairy, GEA North America