Reciprocating compressors for CO₂ freezing and NH₃ heat pump applications.
The extremely low volume flow in relation with the cooling capacity makes this series to a big performer.
The 50 bar GEA Grasso 5HP compressor has been developed for use in CO₂ cascade freezing systems and is a well-accepted and reliable appearance in the industrial refrigeration market. 4 single stage models from 3 up to 6 cylinders cover a wide range of capacities. The extremely low volume flow in relation with the cooling capacity makes this series to a big performer.
NH3 (heat pump applications)
A logic further development of the GEA Grasso 5HP Series is the integration in NH₃ heat pump systems. The 50 bar design makes it possible to condensate up to 80ºC and results in producing high level of water temperatures. Heat pump systems are developing very quickly in various segments of industry (dairy, slaugtherhouses etc.) and contribute in reducing waste heat as well as CO₂ emissions
Features of GEA Grasso 5HP Series
- Compact nodular cast iron compressor housing
- High stage design pressure: 50 bar
- Up to 30 bar pressure difference (Pc - Po)
- Heavy duty axial roller bearing
- Special design gas tight shaft seal
- Counter pressure independent overflow valve
- Capacity control steps per cylinder
- Suitable for speed control (500 - 1,500 min-1)
- Peek technology for high efficiency and long valve life time