GEA is one of the largest suppliers for the food and beverage processing industry and a wide range of other process industries. Approximately 18,000 employees in more than 50 countries contribute significantly to GEA’s success – come and join them! We offer interesting and challenging tasks, a positive working environment in international teams and opportunities for personal development and growth in a global company.
Your responsibilities and tasks:
The GEA Group is among the worldwide leaders, in the design and engineering of technologies and solutions for the integrated product lines within the food and beverage industries. A strong and solid organization, operating in the food industry as global suppliers of industrial solutions, from the handling of raw materials to the final packaging. GEA Systems North America LLC is looking for an experienced Project Manager to join their project execution team with focus on implementing process improvements, upgrades and add-ons. If you are customer focused, detail oriented and enjoy managing small to medium sized projects, GEA would like the opportunity to discuss this opportunity with you.
Job Responsibilities and Tasks
May include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Performs and completes obligations from system contracts between the Company and customers
- Plans and formulates engineering program and organizes project staff according to project requirements
- Assigns project personnel to specific phases or aspects of project such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product testing
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer contract requirements, and related specifications
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing releases
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget
- Prepares interim and completion project reports
- Prepares technical operating manual identifying and describing equipment operating characteristics
- Specifies components and negotiates prices with purchasing
Required Education, Skills and/or Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have 4-year degree in Engineering, Food Science or related
- Must have 5+ years of experience in food, chemical or pharmaceutical industry
- Must be detail oriented
- Must posses’ good English Language communication skill and interpersonal skills
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be willing to travel. (Approximately 25% of the time)
- Advantageous to have working knowledge MS Office Products
Your profile and qualifications:
- Challenging tasks, short decision-making processes and a high level of personal responsibility
- A high-performance company culture and great scope for developing your own ideas
- Excellent career opportunities in a global food and beverage technology company