GEA always has a second string for emission control in the iron & steel industry
Iron is one of the most abundant elements on the earth and the widely used metal across various applications. Globally, majority of the iron produced goes into steel production. The market is driven by increasing demand from the recovering construction activities, particularly in developed regions of North America and Europe. Building & construction is estimated to be the largest as well as fastest growing end-user market for iron & steel industry. By increasing the production capacity, more and more iron and steel global players following trends like energy savings and environmental protection.
Proven dedusting processes and components for process and environmental technology
Along the iron and steel production, environmental and energy saving considerations are an integrated part of the process. Taken this into account, GEA offers clean air solutions while keeping the CAPEX/OPEX low.
With a wide portfolio and technologies state to the art, GEA provides technologies for the following steel production sectors of application, among others:
In the iron and steel production sector we provide technologies for the following fields of application, among others:
Oxygen Steelmaking Plant
- Dry primary converter de-dusting: Lurgi-Thyssen (LT) Steel Gas process
- Dry state of the art process without requirement of waste water treatment
- Highly efficient with outlet dust emissions as low as 15 mg/Nm³
- Invented by GEA (LURGI)
Wet primary converter de-dusting: GEA annular gap scrubber (“GEA Scrubber”)
- Virtually maintenance free
- Reliable equipment from the original creator of the annular gap scrubber
- Blast furnace top gas cleaning
- Coarse dust removal by tangential cyclone upstream scrubber
- Fine dust removal by GEA annular gap scrubber
•Blast furnace cast house and stock house de-dusting by electrostatic precipitators or fabric filters
- Detarring of process gases by means of wet-type electrostatic precipitators (“Tar EP”)
Sintering and Pelletizing Plants
- Cleaning of sintering belt process gas by the combination of GEA NiroSpray Drying Absorber and GEA fabric filter. GEA Low Dust SCR can be applied optional.
- De-dusting of gases from sinter room or sinter cooler using electrostatic precipitator or fabric filters.
- De-dusting of gases from pelletizing plants using electrostatic precipitator or fabric filters.
- Gas cleaning in secondary steel processing facilities like rolling mills
Fuel Gas Fine De-dusting
- Wet ESP for fuel gas (e.g. coke oven gas, CO-gas etc.) fine de-dusting upstream of a gas turbine