GEA is a reliable partner for emission control in the iron & steel industry
Iron is one of the most abundant elements on the earth and the widely used metal across various applications. Globally, majority of the iron produced goes into steel production. By increasing the production capacity, more and more iron and steel global players following trends like energy savings and environmental protection.
Proven dedusting processes and components for process and environmental technology
Iron and steel production is an area of application featuring a huge number of key-processes. To be competitive also in the future, our customers count on minimizing the steel production cost. As a fully integrated part of the production process, our gas cleaning solutions help to reduce cost of production and also to protect the environment at the same time.
Being the original inventor of many gas cleaning processes, GEA can look back onto more than 100 years of plant engineering with satisfied customers all around the world. Also in the future our customers can count on the reliability of GEA gas cleaning solutions.
Dealing with the erection of new production plants, environmental aspects and energy savings are getting more and more important.GEA offers for this purpose sustainable gas cleaning solutions, which help to keep investment and operational cost low.
With a wide portfolio and state of the art technologies, GEA provides solutions for the following sectors of iron and steel production:
Oxygen Steelmaking Plant
- Dry primary converter de-dusting
- Lurgi-Thyssen (LT) Steel Gas process
- State of the art process without requirement of waste water treatment
- Highly efficient with outlet dust emissions
- Invented by GEA (LURGI)
Wet primary converter gas de-dusting: GEA annular gap scrubber (“GEA Scrubber”)
- Virtually maintenance free
- Reliable equipment from the original creator of the annular gap scrubber
- Blast furnace top gas cleaning
- Gas cleaning with the GEA annular gap scrubber, proven for decades
- Reliable de-dusting with the ability to control the blast furnace top pressure at the same
- Blast furnace cast house and stock house de-dusting by electrostatic precipitators or fabric filters
- De-tarring of process gases by means of wet-type electrostatic precipitators (GEA “Tar EP”)
Sintering and Pelletizing Plants
- Cleaning of sintering belt process gas by the combination of GEA entrained flow reactor and GEA bag filter. For highest rates of desulphurization also application of GEA Spray Drying Absorber (SDA) possible
- GEA Low Dust SCR can be applied optional
- De-dusting of gases from sinter room, sinter cooler or pelletizing plant using electrostatic precipitator or fabric filters
- Gas cleaning in secondary steel processing facilities like rolling mills
Fuel Gas Fine De-dusting
- Wet ESP for fuel gas (e.g. coke oven gas, CO-gas etc.) fine de-dusting upstream of a gas turbine