Are YOU an entrepreneur looking to grow your business and take the next step towards marketability? Are you even in the trend area of future food trends & technologies? Then YOU are the right team for us to participate in the MassChallenge Program 2020 on behalf of GEA!
MassChallenge is a global, zero-equity startup accelerator, founded in Boston, Massachusetts in 2009. As of 2019, MassChallenge has accelerated more than 1,900 startups that have raised more than $4.3 billion in funding and generated $2.5 billion in revenue. Launched in 2016, MassChallenge Switzerland supports 50+ early-stage startups each year through a Lausanne-based accelerator.
In this accelerator, selected startups are early-stage (<$1M in funding) and participate in a four-month, industry-agnostic program where they receive mentorship, entrepreneurship and industry training, free co-working space, and the opportunity to get access to diverse corporate partners. As a not-for-profit company, MassChallenge is primarily supported by corporate partnerships such as GEA. GEA has been collaborating and sponsoring since 2016. As a Partner of MassChallenge, GEA is the owner of two so called “Wildcards” and therefore able to send own teams or selected external start-ups that fit GEAs future strategy.
For the 2020 application phase of MassChallenge, we are now searching for external startups ideally with a focus on future food trends & technologies that would be interested in participating on behalf of GEA and would benefit from a three month acceleration phase to reach the next phase of maturation.
What kind of start-ups are we looking for?
We do not have strict topic restrictions, but the start-up should ideally meet the following characteristics:• Have a close link to future food trends & technologies regarding sustainability, food production, food safety & quality …
• Have already a certain maturity that needs to be scaled now
• Are willing and free to participate in the accelerator program from May – October 2020 (2nd Round Judging: May 11-15th and Acceleration Phase: June - October)
• Willingness to travel and spend time in Switzerland
What´s in for you?
- As a participant on behalf of GEA you will directly skip the first judging round!
- Participation fee is payed by GEA
- GEA will support your stay in Switzerland financially during the program (June-October)
- Further cooperation with GEA in the future possible
- As a participant you can also benefit from a lot of offers within the program like …
- Unrivaled access to 15+ global corporate partners, totalling over CHF 250 billion in revenue
- World class mentoring from 550+ experts and tailored lectures in the spirit of a startup school
- Free office spaces
- Switzerland-specific support for entrepreneurs such as competitive regulations and tax system, easy access to the EU market, and strong trade links
- Proven model: more than 65% of Finalists raise funds during or immediately after the program
How can you apply?
If you are interested, please send your pitchdeck and your contact information via the contact form that you can find on this page.
Application will be open until 2nd April 2020!
We are looking forward to your application.