Making Science Work
Under the umbrella theme of “Making Science Work,” GEA will be highlighting its innovative technology and equipment for the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and biotechnology industries at CPhI Worldwide, the world's leading pharmaceutical platform.
High Performance Tablet Coating Technology
ConsiGma® coater is a high performance tablet coating technology that accurately deposits controlled amounts of coating materials on tablets, speeding up production and ensuring a high-quality end product. The Coater can be an integral part of a batch or continuous line.
MOBILE MINOR™ spray dryer with highly efficient powder separation
At CPhI, we met with Soren Madsen and talked about the MOBILE MINOR™ spray dryer. Offering an improved design but maintaining the same compact footprint, the MM-100 spray dryer from GEA, equipped with the new and highly efficient cyclone CEE (Cyclone Extra Efficiency), and is the newest addition to the MOBILE MINOR™ range. In the MOBILE MINOR™, solutions, suspensions or emulsions can be dried into representative powder samples, facilitating the retrieval of the process data required for scaling-up to industrial production. It is a flexible and easy-to-handle spray dryer which has become standard equipment in the R&D departments of many leading manufacturers, independent research institutes and universities worldwide. By nature, spray drying is a continuous process and is designed to offer both high productivity and uniform product quality during sustained periods.
Integrated Pelletization System
Sean Gray, Sales Manager - Batch Granulation, explains the NICA™ Pelletizing System. The NICA™ is a turnkey pellet production plant that combines a mixer/granulator, extruder and spheronizer in a single, integrated process. Wet powders continuously pass through a low-shear radial extruder; the extrusions are fragmented and formed into pellets in the spheronizer.
Fast track R&D Tablet Compression
Always looking to improve the research, development and scale-up process for oral solid dosage forms, we’re currently working on a compaction data acquisition and analysis system (CDAAS). Comprising mechanical components (feeders, hoppers and tooling), electrical elements and a software package, the CDAAS makes it possible to do formulation development work on a production-scale tablet press using minute amounts of product.
GEA discusses the challenges of DPI Blending
At CPhI Madrid 2018, Mark Rowland discusses the process of DPI (Dry Powder Inhalable) production and the key attributes necessary for the process. Utilizing GEA’s High Speed TRV™ Blending system, API and Lactose are mixed to form a product with the key attributes of a high level of homogeneity and formulation stability. TRV™ is available as standalone equipment of as part of the innovative PharmaConnect system with a batch capacity range from 200g to over 50kg.
On display during the event
- the ConsiGma® Coater gently and accurately deposits controlled amounts of coating materials on tablet cores (can be used in a batch or continuous process line)
- the IPS25 pelletizing system fuses NICA™ extrusion and spheronization technologies to create a range of compact, continuous solutions for the production of spherical pellets
- the MOBILE MINOR™ MM-100 spray dryer (with atomizer), equipped with the new CEE cyclone for highly efficient powder separation
- the BUCK® UMC Valve is a modular containment solution that can be equipped to fit most secondary pharma applications
- the BUCK® MCV and MC Lite Actuator for improved operational flexibility
- the Hicoflex® system ensures fully contained powder transfer during charging and discharging