Founded in 1862 by Peter Hilge, in his kitchen at home in Mainz, as a brass foundry for supplying valves and fittings to the wine industry.
In 1865 development of the world‘s first beverage pump (Rhenish-Circular Pump) with forward and backward conveying. At the same time, the first wine pump became the world's first beverage pump.
In 1910 Hilge developed the first beer pressure regulator.
In 1962 the first deep drawn stainless-steel centrifugal pump for the food and beverage industry was designed (HYGIA). Thanks to continuous further development, this pump series is still succesful in the market today.
In 2012 Hilge celebrated its 150 years anniversary. Over the years, the product portfolio has been expanded to include pumps for the food and pharmaceutical industries. About 160 employees in production, construction and administration do their best every day to be an attractive partner for our customers.
In 2015 GEA acquired Hilge in 2017 as subsidiary of GEA Tuchenhagen GmbH. The site in Bodenheim is now the GEA Center of Competence for Hygienic Pumps where innovative pump products and processes are developed together with our customers.