GEA's big bag fillers are designed to pack a wide variety of powdered products into flexible bags (FIBCs).
We offer three types of big bag fillers: the BF-300, BBS-S and BBS-D. Our features include a semi-automated system for low throughput with moderate manual handling and an automated system for higher throughput when high hygiene is a key requirement.
Features include bag inflation and base compaction to maximize the available volume of the bag, which results in a stable pack that reduces the risk of spillage and subsequent product loss.
Our design objectives include
- efficient bag handling during filling
- safety and minimal manual operation
- bulk bag stability during transportation
- minimal room requirements and easy clean surfaces
- handling of variable bag types and sizes
- maximum bag volume utilization.
Using a unique top weighing system, the GEA range of big bag fillers ensures reliable and accurate filling by eliminating the effect of bag inflation on final fill weight.
An inert gas packing option means that GEA can provide solutions to meet the needs of export customers who require increased shelf-life for their products.