At GEA, we believe that continuous processing improves the quality of pharmaceutical end products: by focusing on quality during the whole product lifecycle, not just “tested in” quality; and by understanding the capability of your processes, managing sources of variability and decreasing any associated risks.
Our solution for continuous drying and particle processing plants is ConsiGma™, a 6 sigma-inspired manufacturing platform, incorporating different technologies to produce oral solid dosage forms in a continuous, cost-efficient way:
- by collecting more information during R&D phase, in a short time with less product
- by excluding risky, time- and product consuming scale-up exercises
- by introducing online measurement and closed loop control targeting real-time release (6 sigma production)
- by incorporating flexible batch size (JIT production), reducing inventory
- by reducing the energy cost per tablet, reducing environmental impact.