GEA is one of the largest suppliers for the food and beverage processing industry and a wide range of other process industries. Approximately 18,000 employees in more than 50 countries contribute significantly to GEA’s success – come and join them! We offer interesting and challenging tasks, a positive working environment in international teams and opportunities for personal development and growth in a global company.
Your responsibilities and tasks:
Role & Responsibilities :
• Point of contact for all specific software engineering questions and tasks, both internally and externally
• Software engineering responsibilities for specific projects, both new projects as well as upgrade projects on existing installations.
• Manages programming, testing and software quality of ongoing software projects.
• Reports project status and project timing to the head of software engineering.
• Discusses in team with the project manager and/or the project engineer functional specifications and software design specifications and status open software issues
• Project specific changes to standard software control modules are pre-discussed with automation standardization lead
• Discusses with operations software testing on installations on assembly
• Discusses with validation issues detected during formal validation and resolves issues.
• Manages all software aspects during start up at customer site for installations on site, controls software updates on site, and manages software links with other installations on site: MES, cleaning skids,….
• Actively cooperates in achieving environmental and safety targets as defined by local management (e.g. waste treatment, energy reduction, safety instructions,.. …)
• Troubleshooting and root cause analysis of software issues for existing installations.
Your profile and qualifications:
Bachelor of Engineering Degree in
• Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation & Controls or similar education background.
• 1-7 years
• Experience on any particular Pharma / Food / Chemical Industry.
• Siemens TIA Portal, Step7, CPU's: S7-1500/300/400 PLC knowledge
• Siemens WinCC Scada experience
• Visual Basic knowledge
• Industrial Communication Protocols (OPC, Profinet, Profibus, IO Link,…)
• Variable Frequency Drive controls (Schneider, Danfoss, …)
• Databases and SQL knowledge.
• Microsoft .Net technologies are assets.
• Must have English
• The Engineer would be based in India office
• Initial training period (approx. 3 to 6 months) at GEA office
• Limited travel will be required, Involving in Panel FAT throughout India & abroad.
• Computer literacy with Mail Outlook
• Microsoft Office Products Word, Excel, MS Project, Access.
• Team player
• Have knowledge with machines controls.
• Formal work according to internal specified procedures, GAMP, etc
• Quickly learn new methods, both in your knowledge domain and beyond