GEA is one of the largest suppliers for the food and beverage processing industry and a wide range of other process industries. Approximately 18,000 employees in more than 50 countries contribute significantly to GEA’s success – come and join them! We offer interesting and challenging tasks, a positive working environment in international teams and opportunities for personal development and growth in a global company.
Your responsibilities and tasks:
Pump Business Development Manager – GEA Flow Components
GEA Flow Components, part of the Equipment Sales Group of GEA North America, consists of 4 product lines : Hygienic valves and components, Aseptic valves and components, Cleaning Technology and Hygienic Pumps. Operating in the food, dairy, beverage, brewing and pharmaceutical processing industries, the company has an opportunity within its sales and business development operations.
The Pump Business Development Manager will have the overall responsibility of growing GEA Flow Components’ Hygienic Pump sales to mainly the Food, Beverage, Dairy and Pharmbio industries in the US and Canada.
The Pump Business Development Manager is the principle contact with the Product Line headquarters in Bodenheim, Germany for all matters, including sales, product developments and local North American assembly,
Reporting to the VP, Sales, the role requires hygienic pump and pump application knowledge as well as strong direct and indirect sales expertise. In addition, the role requiries knowledge of distr
necessitates exceptional aseptic process/application engineering knowledge as well as project management skills. The role will also be supporting the business development activities for the aseptic business line. The position has full access to available technical and operational resources for the North American market, including the aseptic components engineer, inside sales team, and field service department.
The principle activities include:
- Responsibility to develop and grow Hygienic pump sales in North America
- Responsibility to support all direct sales and partner sales activities for the Hygienic Pump Product Line in North America
- Working with the Technical Sales Engineering group to generate all Hygienic Pump quotations for the North American market
- Work with GEA regional sales managers and specific Channel Partners to grow Hygienic Pump Sales in North America
- Work with other GEA business group to devleop and support the intercompany GEA hygieic pump business
- Set-Up and management of channel distribution partners
- Set-Up and Certified Pump Repair partners across North America
- Evaluate and set-up local subcontract partners for pump cart fabrication and automation
- Assist the President and National Sales Manager with developing the proper product and system offerings to the market
- Interface with the GEA Bodenheim factory on technical and commercial matters
- Support existing hygienic pump installations and customers to grow the Hygienic Pump Spares / Service business sales
Your profile and qualifications:
The successful candidate will the following qualifications and experience:
- 2-5 years experience in technical process equipment sales management, including direct and indirect Channel Partner sales
- Knowledge of hygienic pump application
- A BS in Engineering or commensurate technical experience
- Experience working with an hygienic pump manufacturer or distributor is preferable
- Experience working with Integrators and OEM’s in the Food, Beverage, dairy and PharmBio industries
The position will require 60% travel within North America for customer and channel partner meetings, internal and external training, as well as internal sales meetings and marketing events such as tradeshows..
- Qualification 1
- Qualification 2