Out now: GEA kytero® – the first single use disk stack separator from GEA for mammalian cells and E.coli, reducing the dependence on depth filters and bottle centrifuges. Discover secure, efficient and clean separation with a disposable bowl concept!
Superbly efficient disk stack technology, based on world-renowned GEA Westfalia separation expertise and decades of industrial scale cell-harvesting solutions, is now available for the first time in a convenient click-&-produce unit for small production and fully scalable product development in the lab.
Watch GEA kytero® Separator performing at Zurich University of Applied Sciences
With the successful GEA disk stack technology of the global pharma producers.
More benefits for you with GEA kytero®:
- Robust and reliable process.
- Faster processing, faster preparation of the next batch.
- Significantly reduced footprint compared to traditional technologies. Additionally, buffer tanks are no longer required.
- Reduced implementation and operation effort: instantly ready for the next batch.
- Easy handling in all operations.
A breakthrough in pharmaceutical development operations
The GEA kytero® single use pharma separator has been developed at GEA’s separation specialists in Oelde, Germany. For the first time, this solution provides the proven disk stack technology of the successful stainless steel pharma separators to the single-use applications, such as cell harvesting, bacteria and cell therapy.
Employing centrifugal force instead of filter-based harvesting methods, this new GEA solution achieves high-quality and high-yield separation results that are ready for efficient up- or downscaling.
GEA kytero® at a glance
- Mammalian cells
- e.coli harvesting and many more (up to 150l/h)
Lab- & development-friendly solution
- Ideal skid design for small production sites, scale-up, R&D facilities, test centers and universities
- Reliable direct upscaling to larger capacities
- Movable skid fits through a standard pharma facility door
- Small footprint for high flexibility
- No friction, no noise
Maximum product safety
- Contamination impossible (no mechanical seal, no mechanical bearings)
- Suitable for highest cleanroom requirements
- 100 % closed, biocontainment-poof design
- Proven single-use material
- Extractables & leachables (E&L) proof
- Gamma irradiation (optionally available)
Maximum performance, yield and quality
- Adjustable solids concentration for high yield
- Minimum temperature increase of the product
- Tested on mammalian cells up to 150 l/h
- Excellent clarification
- Gentle product handling
- Sustainable high cell viability
No wear no tear
- Revolutionary breezeDrive®, maintenance-free
Quick and easy
- Swift and simple handling of the single use parts
- Easy click & produce system
- No tools needed
- No utilities needed – just electrical power