Protect our Planet
The process industry is a global industry and harmful emissions created from different types of process technologies affect many regions worldwide. Industries around the globe are facing stricter environmental regulations, but in parallel have to meet the growing demand for their products. GEA provides long-term, cost-effective and ecologically viable solutions that help our customers to comply with regulations, whilst increasing output and still maintaining a competitive edge.
GEA Your partner in Emission Control
Treatment of emissions and effluents into air, water or soil are the main challenges of industrial pollution control, besides energy efficient and resource saving production methods.
GEA designs tailored process solutions for air pollution control and effluent treatment in close dialogue with the customer.
Our air pollution control technologies meet the most stringent emission requirements with low operation and maintenance cost, including:
- Aerosol & Particle removal
- Reduction of nitrogen oxides (DeNOx)
- Flue gas cleaning (DeSOx)
- Absorption of acids, halogen and other toxic components
- Heavy metal removal
- Volatile organic compounds and odor removal
- Dioxin/Furan abatement
- Catalytic oxidation
- Gas cooling & Conditioning
- Waste heat recovery
Treatment of Effluents
In the field of wastewater and process fluid treatment, GEA is a main supplier of complete process lines and equipment for the treatment of:
- Treatment of wastewater from various industries, even to zero liquid discharge (ZLD)
- Recycling and upgrading of industrial fluids and effluents, including recovery of valuable substances and by-products
Reducing of Waste
Land and Soil pollution can be reduced by incineration of waste streams. Both flue gas streams and liquid effluents can be treated by using GEA technologies and equipment.
Our process solutions are built on our key technologies and equipment, including:
- Centrifugal separation
- Cross flow membrane filtration
- Freeze concentration and solution crystallization
- Gas scrubbing and emission control technologies
GEA plants are built according to the strictest health and safety regulations and comply with all the codes and standards of the chemicals industry. Our equipment is capable of handling the risks associated with the everyday use of concentrated acids, high pressures and flammable or explosive substances.